Friday, February 17, 2017

2017 Love-a-Thon Kick-Off Questionnaire


2017 Love-a-thon banner
 
What’s your name? Where in the world are you blogging from?
Hi everyone! My name is Eileen and I'm from Vancouver, Canada.
 
How did you get involved in the online book community?
The short answer is Twitter. It brought me into contact with other book people. Everyone's amazing and it's just been such a pleasure getting to know book bloggers, authors and publishers!
 
How did you come up with your blog name?
This is a question  I always enjoy answering. So my blog name is not Book Captain misspelled though in hindsight, I should've seen that coming... Anyways so before I started my blog, I knew I wanted to incorporate my cats. Instead of being a bookworm, I thought, why not be a bookcat! The "Pin" at the end is my nickname and I added it for a bit of a personal touch. And that's how BookCatPin came about :)
 
What book genres do you talk about most?
Honestly I read everything. From contemporary to sci-fi to thrillers, I gobble them all up. My favourite would definitely be fantasy though. I read mostly Young Adult and the occasional New Adult and Adult books.

Favourite colour?
Pink, in case you couldn't tell ;)
 
Favourite things to do apart from reading?
Does waiting for bookmail count? XD I love the feeling of holding bookmail in my hands so I'm always stalking my mailbox lol... I also really enjoy cuddling in front of the tv with my kitties~
 
Favourite movies?
The Harry Potter movies and The Lord of the Ring trilogy. I rewatch them every year and sometimes I marathon them with my sister <3

Favourite books read in the last five years?
I have so many but here are a few:
 
The Rook by Daniel O'Malley  A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab  The Bone Season Samantha Shannon
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare Truthwitch by Susan Dennard The Alchemists of Loom by Elise Kova Kingdom of Ash and Briars by Hannah West
The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid
Split Second by Kasie West How to Break a Boy by Laurie Devore Undecided by Julianna Keyes
 
Oops that was way more than a few but I swear they're all excellent reads!!
 
Books you want to read in 2017?
I'm missing a bunch but here are some I'm super looking forward to getting my hands on:
 
A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
These Ruthless Deeds by Tarun Shanker and Kelly Zekas Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab
Roar by Cora Carmack Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller
Coming Up for Air by Miranda Kenneally Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett
 
I'm absolutely dying for ACOL and ACOWAR!!! 
 
Thank you for stopping by my blog!

11 comments:

  1. That is awesome how you incorporated your kitties in you blog name. I also can't wait to read Alex Approximately. Coming Up For Air was a wonderful book, and I adore the Hundred Oaks series.
    Great to meet you, Eileen
    New Bloglovin follower


    Jess @ Fairytales and Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've heard so much praises for Alex Approximately I'm bursting to read it. I hope we both love it!

      Delete
  2. I love how you came up with your name :) it's so personal!

    A Darker Shade of Magic is amazing. I also love The Bone Season. Truthwitch & Kingdom of Ash and Briars are high on my TBR pile, so it's good to see you love them.

    Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mel! I'm so excited to read ACOL (in 3 days!)! I hope you pick up Kingdom of Ash and Briars soon! I really enjoyed it :D

      Delete
  3. I love how you came up with your blog name!

    You have so many books I want to read on your favorites list!

    Lori @ Pure Imagination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lori! I hope you read at least one of them this year ;)

      Delete
  4. I'm totally with you on the book mail. I really love the feeling of getting a package, particularly when it's a surprise! And I'm so excited for ACOWAR. I needed that book like yesterday! Glad you're joining the Love-a-Thon again <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for remembering me Alexa! <3 Bookmail is the best! I only wish postage wasn't so expensive in Canada so I can send some bookmail to people too :)

      Delete
  5. Pink is my favorite color too! I love that your blog name was an accident. It reminds me of how Neil Gaiman meant to type Caroline instead of Coraline but then just went with his mistake! I'm also hoping to read The Rook this year! I just picked it up recently!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Rook is excellent! Happiest reading Kristin!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...