Monday, August 15, 2016

Review: Nameless (Nameless #1) by Jennifer Jenkins


Nameless by Jennifer JenkinsNameless
(Nameless #1)
by Jennifer Jenkins
October 6, 2015
336 pages


Goodreads Summary:
Kodiak. Raven. Wolf. Ram.

Four clans. One destiny.


Seventeen-year-old Zo is a Wolf and a Healer who volunteers to infiltrate the Ram as a spy on behalf of the allied clans. She offers herself as a Ram slave, joining the people who are called the “Nameless.” Hers is a suicide mission thought to enable her to seek revenge for the death of her parents and an end to her own misery.

But after Zo’s younger sister follows her into Rams Gate, Zo must find a way to survive and keep her safe.

When Zo finds unexpected friendship in a young Ram whose life she saves, growing feelings for a Ram soldier, and an underground Nameless insurrection, she learns that revenge, loyalty and love are more
complicated than she ever imagined in the first installment of this electrifying two-book fantasy series.


Review

I've been hearing praises surrounding this book for so long I knew I had to read it when I won a copy. It was a fast-paced story with ups and downs. I think I had too high of an expectation so some parts left me wanting more. Overall, I did enjoy the story.

Zo's put in a dangerous position when she enters Rams Gate with her sister who's not suppose to be there. She wants to do her duty but it proves hard when all that's on her mind is ensuring her sister's safety inside the gate. Zo faced danger bravely and head on but I found it hard to connect with her. She was just so negative. I didn't like her attitude or her thoughts. Her redeeming factor was how strong-willed she was. It didn't matter what danger she was put in, she never bowed down.

Gryphon was really the star of this book. He was selfless in so many ways. Despite his strong sense of honour, wanting to restore his father's name, he sided with humanity. He always did the right thing- the humane thing. I really loved him for it.

The romance is very subtle and barely there. The two are from warring clans so obviously there'd be some caution and even animosity (at first). Their affection and attraction grew from mutual respect. I'm hoping it will be expanded upon in the sequel. It has to be right?? It's a star-crossed lovers type of situation and I must know their fate!

I read the synopsis to the next book and the premise sounds promising. Plus, Nameless ends on a cliffhanger so I will definitely be picking up Clanless when the time comes.

3.5 Cats
*I won an ecopy of this book from the publisher. All opinion are my own and not affected in any way.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you liked this enough to pick up book 2. The fast pace of this appeals to me and I've heard good things about it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like the book just reached where I wanted it to and then ended so I must pick up book 2 ;)

      Delete
  2. That cover is so scary ahha. Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm not a fan either but you kind of get why it's like that when you read the book.

      Delete
  3. Hmmm, I'm quite intrigued about the world and premise, but not entirely sure if I'd give this one a try... Great review Eileen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pili <3 Maybe wait till the sequel is out to see how people are liking the overall duology :D

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...