Thursday, July 24, 2014

Review: The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines #4) by Richelle Mead

Bloodlines is probably one of my favourite series of all times. So, in anticipation of the fifth book, which comes out next week, here's my review for the fourth book! All the excitement! *squeals

*Review contains spoilers from the previous books of the series.

The Fiery Heart cover
The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines #4)
by Richelle Mead
November 19, 2013
420 pages


Goodreads Summary:
Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives.

In The Indigo Spell, Sydney was torn between the Alchemist way of life and what her heart and gut were telling her to do. And in one breathtaking moment that Richelle Mead fans will never forget, she made a decision that shocked even her. . . .

But the struggle isn't over for Sydney. As she navigates the aftermath of her life-changing decision, she still finds herself pulled in too many directions at once. Her sister Zoe has arrived, and while Sydney longs to grow closer to her, there's still so much she must keep secret. Working with Marcus has changed the way she views the Alchemists, and Sydney must tread a careful path as she harnesses her profound magical ability to undermine the way of life she was raised to defend. Consumed by passion and vengeance, Sydney struggles to keep her secret life under wraps as the threat of exposure — and re-education — looms larger than ever.

Pulses will race throughout this smoldering fourth installment in the New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series, where no secret is safe.


Review

It took me a little time to get back into the world (probably because of the wait) but eventually I did! I was reminded why I love Sydney and Adrian so much. The story gets much more intense and things definitely heat up.

I don't know how Sydney managed to do all the things she did but wow was I impressed. To name a few things, she had to keep chaperoning Jill, Eddie and Angeline, guide her sister, assist the Moroi, deal with her parents' divorce and search for the components to break the Alchemist tattoo. All this while pretending to remain faithful to the Alchemist and secretly being with Adrian. What a busy girl! I especially love how she's so resilient and resourceful. She's definitely one of my favourite heroines of all times!


The love that Sydney and Adrian have for each other is pretty incredible. They're so sweet and so strong together! It was so satisfying when they finally slept together! Let's face it, it was what we were all waiting for from this book. ;) Their passion for each other just kept growing. Fiery Heart indeed!!

I had trouble separating the human magic and Moroi magic but it didn't take away from my enjoyment of the book. It was definitely welcoming news that the Moroi were making  progress on protecting themselves from the Strigoi. I really really really hope that by the end of the series, the spirit users can find some way to block the darkness from spirits and still keep their powers.

I'm glad Trey and Angeline worked things out to be together and can't wait to see Jill and Eddie's relationship develop! Their little group is really strong together and fingers crossed that they can help Adrian find and rescue Sydney!

That ending was gutwrenching. Although I am a little afraid to find out what the Alchemists will do to Sydney and whether she breaks, I can't wait until Silver Shadows comes out! I need more Sydrian. The world needs more Sydrian!

6 comments:

  1. I can't believe I haven't started this spin off yet, I loved Vampire Academy and I really love Meed's writing. I really have no excuses. Maybe the 5th book coming out will help motivate me to read it?
    Fantastic review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being so supportive!! I really appreciate all your comments!

      If you loved Vampire Academy then you'll definitely enjoy Bloodlines!! If you haven't started then I'd suggest waiting until the series is complete. Or else you'll get addicted and it's agonizing waiting for the next book. But you must read them!!

      Delete
  2. I don't why but this reminds me a bit of Maggie Quinn: Girl vs. Evil which is one of my favorite book series ever. This does sound interesting but I'm not sure if I want to read about vampires though. But I may give it a try.
    *On a side note: The girl on the cover reminds me so much of Rose from Doctor Who!*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, I've never heard of the Maggie Quinn series but I'll definitely have to look it up. Please do give it a try, it's good!!
      I haven't seen Doctor Who yet (I'm planning to tho) but I've seen that girl on other book covers too! Guess they reuse the models a lot? Haha :)

      Delete
  3. WHOA! That's a lot of spoilers. But haha, don't worry, I obviously didn't highlight them because I need to read the first book ASAP! (I SAW SILVER SHADOWS @ Chapters today and wanted to grab it for you, haha)! Beautiful review, sounds like it gave you an epic book hangover! :DD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't resist not writing the spoilers hahaa. Awww thanks for thinking of me :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...