Wednesday, February 10, 2016

WoW #84: Girl Against the Universe by Paula Stokes


Waiting on Wednesday button

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted every week by Breaking the Spine which lets us showcase an upcoming release we are excited about! 


Girl Against the Universe by Paula StokesGirl Against the Universe
by Paula Stokes
May 17, 2016
400 pages

Goodreads Summary:
Maguire is bad luck.

No matter how many charms she buys off the internet or good luck rituals she performs each morning, horrible things happen when Maguire is around. Like that time the rollercoaster jumped off its tracks. Or the time the house next door caught on fire. Or that time her brother, father, and uncle were all killed in a car crash—and Maguire walked away with barely a scratch.

It’s safest for Maguire to hide out in her room, where she can cause less damage and avoid meeting new people who she could hurt. But then she meets Jordy, an aspiring tennis star. Jordy is confident, talented, and lucky, and he’s convinced he can help Maguire break her unlucky streak. Maguire knows that the best thing she can do for Jordy is to stay away. But it turns out staying away is harder than she thought.

From author Paula Stokes comes a funny and poignant novel about accepting the past, embracing the future, and learning to make your own luck.
 
A story about bad luck sounds very neat! I'm really looking forward to it!

What are you guys waiting on this week?

14 comments:

  1. I just saw this one earlier today and I agree it looks amazing!!

    my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a new to me one! Doesn't sound like my kind of read but do hope you enjoy it!!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you love this when you get a copy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh can't wait to get my hands on one. Thank you :)

      Delete
  4. This reminds me of that Lindsay Lohan movie about the girl who is bad luck. I think Chris Pine was in it. (Yes, I'm admitting that I watched it....)
    Hope this is everything you hoped for!
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's called Just My Luck? Don't worry, I remember watching it and quite enjoying it myself ;) Thanks Jen <3

      Delete
  5. I hope you'll get to read it soon Eileen, so you can meet fictional me too!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read this one a few weeks ago and I loved it! Plus it was great to see fictional Pili in there!
    I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you like it!!
    http://thebestbasicblogger.blogspot.com/2016/02/coloring-corner-1.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...